Growing for Seed: Small Scale Production & Seed Saving
The North American Sustainable Foods Summit will be hosted in San Francisco on 16-17th January 2019. Other editions in this international series will take place in Latin America (São Paulo, 29-30th November), Europe (Amsterdam, 13-14th June 2019) and the Asia-Pacific. Each edition will bring together some of the most influential organizations involved in sustainability and eco-labels in the food industry.
The aim of the Sustainable Foods Summit is to explore new horizons for eco-labels and sustainability in the food industry by discussing key industry issues.
- How do organic, fairtrade and other eco-labeling schemes further sustainability?
- With growing proliferation in labels, what are the prospects for a single sustainability standard for food products?
- What are the practical application of sustainability metrics?
- What advances are occurring in sustainable ingredients?
- What developments are happening in formulation, production and marketing of sustainable food and beverages?
The Sustainable Foods Summit is devised for key stake-holders in the food industry that include:
Food & beverage companies
Academics & researchers
Ingredient & raw material suppliers
Industry organizations & NGOs
Investors & financiers
Retailers & distributors
Organized by Ecovia Intelligence (formerly Organic Monitor), the Sustainable Foods Summit is a climate-neutral event. The carbon footprint of each edition is determined by calculating the carbon and greenhouses gases. These emissions are offset by investing in soil composting and / or related projects.
39th Annual EcoFarm Conference
The event features 70+ workshops, intensives, keynote sessions, an exhibitor marketplace, and special events including an annual awards banquet, tastings, seed swap, live entertainment, and organic culinary fare. Workshops offer practical and cutting-edge information on crop production, livestock, soil health, marketing, distribution, and food systems.